A podcast discussion about investing in the future of wearable technology.
Summary of the report is:
– Design isn’t just about beauty; it’s about market relevance and meaningful results.
– M&A activity continues in the design space, and it’s increased.
– Increasing the designers needed in the tech industry requires rethinking education.
– The adoption of design by public companies is only growing.
– Designers bring needed critical thinking/making in the economic case for inclusion.
– Work in the research labs from decades ago drives today’s startups. Be aware.
Matt Rogers, founder and VP of Engineering at Nest Labs, shared about how he helped scale the company from a garage startup to a significantly larger organization today. Reflecting back on the founding story of Nest, Matt shares some lessons about leadership and how early product decisions shaped the company’s long-term success.