Via Mark Doherty from Adobe gave a sneak peek of upcoming Flash mobile at FITC, 2009.
Some exciting announcements are:
- The new upcoming version of Flash Lite 4.0. while Flash 10 for devices is also in the process.
- According to Mark, Flash Lite 4.0 supports ActionScript 3, and it is a browser plug-in (i.e. not standalone player). Same for Flash Player 10 for devices – a browser plug-in (in his slide it was showing 10.1 in Device Central 3). AIR for mobile is the standalone player.
- Flash Lite 4.0 is for slower, less powerful and memory-constraint devices, and Flash 10 is for more powerful devices, possibly with hardware graphics acceleration.
- Mark also shown Device Central 3. It supports some hardware emulation such as accelerometer and geolocation. Custom device profiles can also be created easily in Device Central 3.
- SWFPack, a mobile packager (created in AIR) for S60 3rd edition and up, and Windows Mobile 5 & 6. It builds deployment bits (.sis and .cab) for the two platforms with just a few clicks.
Source from Dave yang.