It was a nice surprise gift from my family in this new year
Got Nokia 6131 as my birthday gift 🙂 I am so happy as flash lite 1.1 is preinstalled.
- S40 3rd edition device, elegantly crafted, attractive flip phone, one touch push to open design and compact.
- Dual displays: Impressive and large 2.2″ QVGA main display in 16.7 million “true color” , 262,144 colors outside
- Integrated 1.3 megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom and video recorder and voice recorder
- MP3 player and FM stereo radio with Visual Radio (MP3 player supporting formats including MP3, MP4, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, H.263, H.264 (eAAC+ only playback no streaming)
- Seamless connectivity with Bluetooth wireless technology, Infrared and USB 2.0
For more Technical specification click here
As per Macromedia site the Nokia S40 6131 supports these Flash Lite content types: standalone player, wallpapers, sub LCD, and standby screen (screensaver).
I tested some screensaver and wallpaper in both Main and sub LCD. It works really great and impressive. I am doing some more testing with flash lite content which will upload here soon.
Things which I found: 2 screensaver (galaxy, photos), Sudoku game and animated introduction of phone.
1) As radio will start wallpaper in both main and mini display pause automatically, mean whatever animations is playing it stops at the same stage and remains just like an image.
As i think its a good feature that can save battery a bit.
2) But while charging battery nothing stops (wallpaper in both main and mini display), its surprising but the same case can be applied here too.
Update on march 090307:
As discussed from Hartti Suomela, Forum Nokia
Me: Why there is very limited capabilites of flash lite 1.1 in this cel phone.
Hartti Suomela: Series 40 devices are mass market phones with limited amount of memory available, limited processing power, etc. when compared to for example S60 phones
Me: No accessibilty of simple features like battery, network etc. I understand that some features we cant access while flash lite is in wallpaper as it may drain out battery little faster. But even in stand alone we cant access them. Is there any particular reason for this?
Hartti Suomela: No comment on this, I was not aware that this information was not available for standalone apps. I have to check this at some point.
Me: As radio will start wallpaper in both main and mini display pause automatically, mean whatever animations is playing it stops at the same stage and remains just like an image.
As i think its a good feature that can save battery a bit. But while charging battery nothing stops (wallpaper runs), its surprising but the same case can be applied here too and charge battery faster.
Hartti Suomela: Thanks for the suggestion!