When ever I create wallpaper I always have to test that how it looks in my cel phone as you can see below
: when you export in Flash Lite Mobile Emulator.
: Same Flash lite content as it looks in cel phone.
While creating Flash lite wallpaper we still feel sometime that graphics is overlapping or disturbing user interface.
It’s good to consider always about onscreen elements and “screen clutter”. “Might the wallpaper background interfere with the user interface on the phone as Scott too mention in Flash applications for Mobile devices book.”
So again we have to come back to flash authoring and change design elements then test again in cel phone.
Off course testing is very important while developing mobile contents but
this small template can save a bit of time of designers/developers.
That’s what how this small idea originate in my mind .
How to use this template:
- Open s40_template.fla (download below)
- In layer 2, you can see a basic UI of cel phone. (here I use some default icons which are commonly seen …like network, battery, Bluetooth, alarm, time and bottom menu etc.)
- Layer 3 is for your content, where you can play with your creative ideas.
- Publish it (now you can see and analyze how your wallpaper going to look in cel phone.
See the difference in Flash lite emulator:
Earlier without template- see image 1
Now with template- See image 3, its easy, now developer can see how content looks in cel phone.
- And finally when testing your content to cel phone just change the properties of layer 2 (UI icon) as guide (click here to follow steps) then export it again.
For series 40: display resolutions 240 x 320 (width x height) pixels.
For series 60: updating soon.
Looking for your feedback what you feel about this small template.
Kindly feel free to post your comments and suggestion.